Back pain can be caused by many things and symptoms can range from mild to severe. There are back pains caused by daily strains that get resolved on their own. There are also chronic back pain cases that don’t respond to conservative treatment. This type of pain may be a sign of a more serious condition. Spine Center of Texas has listed the symptoms of the most common spinal injuries to help you determine if it’s time to seek medical attention:
- Herniated Disc – Disc herniation causes leg pain, numbness, tingling, or weakness that extends to the leg or butt. There are also rare cases when it causes Cauda Equine syndrome, a more serious complication that makes people lose their bladder and bowel control.
- Scoliosis and Spinal Deformity – Scoliosis causes the spine to curve abnormally and excessively. A person with scoliosis has an S or C shaped spine.
- Degenerative Disc Disease – Degenerative disc disease entails fleeting pain when performing physical activities, chronic back pain and neck pain that ranges from moderate to severe, and pain that gets worse when the person bends, lifts, or twists.
- Kyphosis – This type of condition makes the spine stiff and tender. The spine can become hunchbacked. It is often coupled with mild back pain and fatigue. Some rare cases also report difficulty when it comes to breathing.
- Spine Trauma – The symptoms of this condition depend on the injury’s severity. Some find it difficult to walk and experience numbness and tingling in their extremities, as well as neck pain or stiffness. Some patients report the lose control over bladder and bowel movements, unconsciousness, headache, shock, and abnormal head or neck alignment.
- Spine Tumors – A person with a spine tumor may experience back pain, muscle fatigue, loss of back sensation, and urinary/fecal incontinence.
Spine Center of Texas can provide an accurate diagnosis and treatment for any type of spine condition or injury. Depending on the severity of your condition and symptoms, we can prescribe minimally invasive procedures that involve cutting edge tools that can treat any spine problem. Schedule an appointment now if you’re suffering from back pain or injury.